CAMPGROUND OPENING TIMES
The General Admission (GA) Campgrounds OPEN at 9:00 Am on Thursday, August 17, 2017.
VIP campgrounds OPEN at 7:00 AM on Thursday, August 17, 2017
All campgrounds CLOSE at 7:00 PM on Sunday August 20, 2017
Managing traffic is the closest thing we know to rocket science, trust us. We have three GA entrances – which we call Wolvebooths – as well as an exclusive VIP Wolvebooth for VIP ticket holders only. In order to get everyone into the festival as quickly as possible, we carefully balance the number of vehicles coming into each Wolvebooth. Please take the suggested routes below, and obey all law enforcement directions, as well as electronic message boards that may post an alternative route.
What determines where you camp? The Tollbooth in which you enter, and the time you arrive.
Does this mean some people get “better” camping spots than others? Yeah, it does. Life is unfair. But no matter where you camp, you’re close to bathrooms, water, security and medical staff. And keep in mind that a closer campsite doesn’t mean a better view of the stage. Its important that you arrive early.
It’s just a shorter walk, and the exercise doesn’t hurt. Furthermore, we know from experience that amazingly great times are had in every corner of the campgrounds. Who knows, you could be camped next door and find new friend
Driving to WolfHowl Music & Art festival? Reduce your time and hassle with premier parking. Conveniently located near Gate FX, you’ll not only get in and out of the parking lot more easily, you’ll get into WolfHowl Music & Art faster!
Driving to WolfHowl Music & Art festival? Reduce your time and hassle with premier parking. Conveniently located near Gate S, you’ll not only get in and out of the parking lot more easily, you’ll get into WolfHowl faster!
DAY PARKING VEHICLES
Day parkers may enter and leave only through the sign that will point you to Day parking.follow the signs to the festival. If Exit is closed, follow police instructions and then follow the signs to Day Parking. Please note that because of all the inbound traffic on Thursday and Friday, it may take a little longer for day parkers to exit on those days.
WHAT YOU CAN’T BRING THROUGH THE TOLL BOOTH
- Glass containers of any kind (this includes wine bottles, drinking glasses, pickle jars and test tubes)
- No kegs are allowed into the festival. We will seize ALL “excessive” amounts of alcohol. “Excessive” means anything over 2 cases of beer, one 1.75 liter of hard liquor, and 2 boxes of wine per person. No outside alcohol is allowed into main festival.
- Weapons of any kind (even slingshots)
- Illegal substances
- Bicycles or scooters or personal motorized vehicles (including, but not limited to: golf carts, ATVs, motor scooters, powered skateboards and airboats)
- Professional photography equipment or cameras with detachable lenses longer than 2 inches (point-and-shoot cameras without additional lenses are OK)
- Pets (even small pets)
- Box trucks or trailers (a camping trailer is OK, but it is considered an RV which requires an RV companion pass)
- Charcoal or propane (unless you have a portable grill, if you do, you may bring up to 40 lbs. of charcoal and a small container of propane)
- Gasoline (unless you have a generator)
- Gas-powered generators (larger than 4KW)
- Laser pens or similar focused-light devices
- Vending of any kind is not allowed
PARKING LOT RESTRICTIONS
Vehicles must vacate the parking lot each day at the close of the festival. Any vehicles left in the lot between 10am and 4pm will be towed at the vehicle owner’s expense. The following activities are strictly prohibited in the parking lot and areas surrounding the venue:
- Camping/sleeping in your vehicle
- Buying/selling tickets
- Vandalism, loitering or other illegal behavior
- Drinking alcohol
- Illegal drug use
IN AND OUT OF THE CAMPGROUNDS IN A VEHICLE
We hope you won’t need to leave our parking site during the festival. But if you do, please wait until Friday evening, unless there is a serious emergency. It is best to arrive on the campground with enough supplies to last you the whole weekend. If you forget something, we’ve got you covered. There are two General Stores on site offering a variety of items for all your weekend needs.
Anytime you leave the campgrounds you’ll have to go through another vehicle search when you return (just like you were entering for the first time).
WHAT IS NOT ALLOWED INTO FESTIVAL GROUND
- Glass or cans of any kind
- Food or drinks, other than water and small snacks (Trail mix, yes. Double cheeseburger, no.)
- Lawn chairs
- Laser pens or similar focused-light devices
- Anything that’s prohibited elsewhere on festival grounds
All guest drop-offs and pickups must occur at the designated Guest Drop-Off and Pickup Lots. For your convenience, three lots will be provided. They will remain open for the entire event.
The easiest to get to
downtown San Diego is taking Shuttle. Shuttle point will be next the taxi zone. Patrons who are dropped off here will be able to take an official Shuttle to the Downtown San Diego.
Private charter bus operators must contact Mstar and obtain access prior to bringing any unauthorized buses to the event. Failure to do so may result in denied access to the site.
A designated area will be provided for authorized, private charter buses to drop off and pick up patrons. All private buses must use the designated area, and for the safety of all patrons, private buses will not be allowed to drop off or pick up on-street or at any off-site locations.